Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My honey's Birthday



It was my Husbands birthday today. He was sick in bed all day, but the girls and I tried to make the night special anyway. I baked two Dark Chocolate Fudge cakes (it is really hard to do that when you are on a diet where you are not to eat any sugar or chocolate)!

The girls decorated this one for our special night and I did the other in a ganache glaze with white chocolate details for work.

Kayla made Glenn his favorite soup (Campbells tomato) with toasted cheese bread. The girls just wanted Raman with the fabulous cheese bread (oh have I told you I can't have cheese or BREAD on this diet either!!!!) My dinner was wonderful any way. I had steamed salmon and shrimp with brown rice and my Red and Fabulous Dressing. (recipe to follow)
The girls and I took a little shopping trip to Macy's on Saturday to get Glenn his presents. I had a gift card that I had gotten for Christmas. I got Glenn two new white shirts for church, Marlena picked out a trendy zip up sweat shirt and Kayla picked out a stylin plad shirt with a graphic print on the front and back. They had fun choosing clothes for their dad, whom they now have to pick out clothes for because he dresses too "old".

Glenn liked his gifts. While we ate dinner we watched the movie, Journey to the Center of the Earth. It was fun to spend time with my family and celebrate my husband being here with me for another year. I do love my husband.

Red and Fabulous Dressing

By: Jodie Tourville

1 jar roasted red pepper (drained)

1 bunch of cilantro

Zest and Juice of 1 Lime

Pinch of Salt (for my friends out there who hate it when things are measured this way, use 1/4 tsp.)

Put it all in the food processor or blender and blend until smooth.

SOOO yummy, SOOOO easy & SOOOO Healthy!

Use it as a dip for veggies, dressing for salad or warm it up and put it over chicken or fish.

You should definitely try it!

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Yummers. Poor guy, it's the pits to be sick on your birthday.

Mary Rubow said...

Sorry he was sick :( Kate and I sang Happy Birthday and I recorded it and tried to send it from my phone to his, but it wouldn't go. Will you tell him Happy Birthday from our family.
Also, I copied the recipe and hopefully I'll try it out some time soon. (Maybe next week with some chicken and rice.) Love you!!

Brookie said...

hey, is that dressing hot?? i would like to try it:)